Netgear wifi range extender configuration
In this post, we will explain you some of the configuration tips for your Netgear wifi extender. You can call this post the Netgear installation assistant post as you will learn how to configure the Netgear wifi range extender with your wifi router. Before we start this, we need to tell you that the Netgear wifi range extender configuration process is very easy and your device will take no time to get configured.
Netgear Installation Assistant – WPS
WPS button is located at the router and you can easily connect your WiFi router using the WPS button. You will not even need to type any kind of name or password if you are using the WPS button. One need to remember is that, WPS does not support the WEP network security so if you are using the WEP network, you can go for the second option.
- You need to find the WPS push button on the Netgear WiFi extender.
- Press that button for little time.
- Immediately, press the WPS button located at the access point.
- The Link Rate LED on your wifi range extender will start glowing once the device gets connected with the existing WiFi network.
- The SSID of your wireless network for the Netgear WiFi extender will be changed to the existing WiFi network.
Netgear Installation Assistant – mywifiext.net
- Make sure Netgear wifi range extender is powered ON also make sure that LED is screen.
- A connection with the PC is established. The PC to Extender LED will turn On.
- Open the web browser and enter the default web address mywifiext net into the address bar. The browser will take you directly to the setup window from where you can access the Netgear WiFi extender using www.mywifiext.net web address.
- You can go for the many settings like selecting the WiFi network that you will need to extend.
- You can also connect your home wifi devices to the existing wireless network.
- As the Netgear wireless range extender setup process is in progress, make sure to place the extender more closely to the router.
- You can place the Netgear wifi range extender where you experience the dead zones in your wireless network.
So this post was all about the Netgear configuration process. We hope this article helped you learn about the Netgear installation assistant. You can configure your Netgear wifi extender using mywifiext net and WPS method. If you see any issue on your device, feel free to contact us or chat with us.