Netgear easy setup through WPS
Before proceeding with this method, you need to remember is that, WPS does not support the WEP network security so if you are using the WEP network, you can go for the second option.
- You need to find the WPS push button on the Netgear WiFi extender.
- Press that button for little time.
- Immediately, press the WPS button located at the access point.
- The Link Rate LED on your wifi range extender will start glowing once the device gets connected with the existing WiFi network.
- The SSID of your wireless network for the Netgear WiFi extender will be changed to the existing WiFi network.Troubleshooting issue
In case you are unable to connect your Netgear extender to the Netgear wifi router through WPS, try resolving the issue.
Follow the instructions to troubleshoot the issue.1. Restart the Netgear wifi router. If you don’t have the Netgear wifi router, let us tell you that brand name of the router does not matter.
2. You can also try rebooting the Netgear wifi range extender.
3. Once both the devices are reboot, attempt to establish the connection between the two.
4. If you are still unable to connect your Netgear wifi range extender to the device, you need to attempt another method for the same.
Configure Netgear wifi extender without issue1. First of all, you need to go to your PC or laptop that you are going to use for Netgear wifi extender setup process.
2. You can log into the Netgear wifi extender with the help of a web browser.
3. Choose a web browser and open it. Enter the default web address mywifiext.net login into the address bar. Make sure the web browser is up to date.
4. As you enter the address, hit enter and you will be redirected to the mywifiext.net login page.
5. Now enter device admin credentials into their respective fields and click Submit. If you don’t know the username and password of your Netgear extender, look at the wireless card given at the backside of the device.
6. Now that you have visited the mywifiext.net Netgear setup page, start with the setup wizard.
7. Your device will attempt to search for active wireless network around it.
8. Connect to your home wifi network after you locate it from the available list of active wireless networks.
9. Once the device gets hooked up to the router, your wifi extender will be ready to use.
In this post, we discussed how to configure the Netgear wifi range extender effortlessly by solving the issues. If you still come across any other issue, you can contact us or chat with us.